Need to find out if anyone knows cwells

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Brown

Reaction score
I bought a box off of cwell online, and he has taken my payment but i have not heard anything back on my box being sent can anyone help me out. Thanks...

I ordered a box and it took about a month before he answered my emails(that was about a week ago). He told me he had one that was almost ready to ship, but hasn't answered my email asking for conformation of shipment. Be patient, he does have a full time job, this is a hobby.

If you don't want to wait, check eBay. I saw a few on there that were exactly like the boxes he sells (and probably because they originally bought them from him).

Thats complete BS on his part.

A full time job? I have a fulltime job too, and I post messages and check my email 20x a day.

I would be MORE than upset if I was you 2.

I dont see how any decent business person can take peoples money, and not even sent a simple email to acknoledge it.

JMO...but before you take someones money, you should give them an aproxamate delivery date. If something changes, it is good bussiness to stay in touch. Not be excused, because it is a side job...

Wells was one of the first on this site. I will vouch for him. As for having a full-time job, we all have some times in our lives where things get behind. Cut him some slack. If you insist on being angry - take it up with a lawyer and proceed with your BBB. Since you have his real name - it should be hard for you to track him down, but it must make you feel better to take it out in a public forum.

BTW - I can remember when he didn't take orders until they were built. Then he probably went and got an automated payment system (i.e./e.g. PayPal, C/C, etc.) and thus payments are taken immediately and he may not have the box built.

I'm just trying to help you see there might be a legitimate reason, and I understand there may not be. I suggest you look up Chris Wells and contact him directly. It isn't hard to get a phone number these days.

This seems like a trend lately and I can see why newer members are getting upset when they send payment and dont recieve any contact back. Folks, you are not getting ripped off. CWells is a stand up member and site sponsor. I do suggest though that CWells acknowledge on his site how long it can and might take for customer contact . Select members on this site have his phone number. No need for lawyers or the BBB:rolleyes:

Have seen numerous posts on this subject. I believe it's been said enough that C Wells is a decent guy; however, the people who have paid for his boxes deserve 1) an email stating status and 2) approximate delivery time to receive the product they spent their well-earned money on.

Seems like it could be as simple as C Wells posting a message here stating his status and plans as far as these boxes. I own one of his boxes so I can definitely vouch for his work and again I don't believe anyone means to criticize him personally, but people should get what they pay for in a reasonable time and/or at least be told an expected delivery date/status. He can fend off a lot of this illness towards him by posting a message is all I'm saying. Ken ...

Look his number up on anywho.com and call him if you are trying to find him. Maybe his internet is not working. Maybe his computer crashed. Maybe his mother/father died. If you are in need of knowing, posting out to a website that he apparently isn't answering isn't going to help. I assume one can figure out how to get this information.

we know the reason why he doesnt answer Lindy, this is what some of us are saying. The man works full time for the power company in his area and is often made to go out of town to help other areas with outages.

Why get so emotional and defensive on this? I said he's a decent guy and not criticizing him, just like so many others have stated the same. It's not the point of "need of knowing", it's the simple point of someone spending their money to receive something ... simple business. These folks are just asking, no harm in that and definitely nothing to get up in arms about. This has gone on for a while now and it is perfectly fine to ask about it. If he would post, or ask Rich or one of the other senior-types on this site to post for him, problem would be solved ... simple as that.

CWells has been pretty much missing in Action every since Hurricane Katrina hit. He works for a utility company and I'm sure they are still working long hours. Not an excuse, but perhaps an explanation. I agree that if he is going to be unavailable for a while that he should cease accepting orders and payment until he gets caught up on the backlog. If he has enough work, he could out-source the manufacturing to someone else too.

I know Chris Wells very well and so do many of the people who have been around a while and attended some of the national meets. I meet him at the Memphis meet over 5 years ago and I can assure you he will not cheat you.

Chris works for an electric power company and when ever large storms hit, he is on the road. Since the hurricane season started last June, Chris has been very busy. After hurricane Katrina hit, I'm sure he's lucky if it gets home more than a day or two a month.

Be patient he will eventually get back to you with your box or a refund.

...Rich

Not responding to customers is Bravo Sierra no matter how many excuses you want to make for him.

He can send e-mail and check messages while out of town. Sitting back and waiting for a box or eventual refund is not an appropriate way to handle the business.

He needs to set a customer expectation up front and not leave his customers wondering what is going on.

Simple thing, Just remove your items from the sales list until your able to supply them again, No harm no foul...

Chris was great with my transaction 2 years ago.

Todd Z

Yep. I didn't have a problem when I bought my enclosure from him almost 4 years ago. I love the enclosure and got it within a couple of weeks. From reading all the posts about him the past year or two, I can say Chris is an honest guy but he's no businessman. He could definitely improve on his communication and probably should make a few enclosures then sell them instead of taking orders first. I understand the frustration people have. If your putting together a new premium sound system and your having to wait for a key component then I feel your pain.

I still dont see a VALID reason for leaving people high and dry.

As I said in other threads im sure Chris Wells is a stand up guy, I just dont think he is handling this situation well at all.

Yup, seems C.Wells is busy; yup, it seems like he probably won't screw anyone; yup, it seems like he should stop taking orders if he can't fulfill and communicate in a timely fashion; yup, yup...

So, what are folks to do?

- Ask for a refund?

- Buy off eBay instead?

- Start your own sub-enclosure business?

- Pee and moan on a messageboard?

TJR

Everyone seems to be assuming that Chris has access to his email etc while he is in the field. That may not be case since he is operating in devestated areas that have no power or telephone service. I'm sure his work schedule is constantly changing and he has little warning when he may get to go home or for how long.

That is why he can only communicate when he gets back home for a few days break. If you are unhappy with his service, I have no doubt that he will gladly refund your payments.

I'm sure his Speaker boxes are not on his list of lifes priorities.

...Rich