New '05 owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stanton

Reaction score
Greets, all. Just purchased a new black '05 XLT Saturday. Glad to be one of the proud few. :)

My question pertains to parts & accessories: I've noticed that a lot of listings on sites & eBay are for 01-04 years. Are there any significant differences between any of the years? Could I resonably expect parts & accessories for these years to fit my '05, or do I need to be a bit more careful and selective?

Thanks!

WELCOME and GOOD luck with it...

Most 04 will fit 05,,, Most 01-04 also... Only some upgrades where made in parts, slight physical changes where made to a slight number of parts.....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Most everything with the exception of interior pieces are interchangeable. There were some early 2001's that would have some "issues".

Welcome aboard.

WELCOME ABOARD!

You'll love the ST... I'm on my second :)

20,700 miles now and I've had zero problems, well... I had bad gas once, but thats because of the station I went to.

I use mine to pull my boat and I work with it on the weekends at my dad's place... it gets dirty and it works hard...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and happy driving. Hope you love it as much as I do my '03. From what I've seen looking at my '03 and an '05 there isn't much difference. Have fun with the site. It's a great bunch of owners on this site. Very helpful and informative.;)

Welcome aboard. FYI, I ordered a Trenz billet grill that was made for the Sport Trac but did not fit my 04 correctly. It prevented a flush reinstallation of the front fascia. Ordered the correct one and it fits and looks great. I've ordered many other add-ons and upgrades for my ST but the grill was the only one I had (year specific) compatibility issues with.

Welcome to the site. There are a great bunch of folks here...which is to be expected judjing by our obvious superior taste in vehicles!...always nice to see another Black Trac too.;)

I have only been a ST owner since April of this year, and i also bought a 05 Black ST XLT, and i love it! I never have had this much fun with a vehicle, and im sure you will enjoy your ST as much as i do mine! Congratulations, and welcome!

Thanks again, all.

Now that I'm facing car payments, I'm not sure how much I'll be adding on to it just yet... but let me ask you this: If you had just one modification to make, with a limited budget (let's say under $200), what might you do?

save an extra $160,$360 total and get a tuner from WFow i sight sponsor better fuel mileage and more power. under $50 a k&n air filter under $200 a EE sway bar next on my list.under $200 new shocks i know it is an 05 but the shocks suck rancho RSX shocks rock.:cool:

If you had just one modification to make, with a limited budget (let's say under $200), what might you do?

Shocks. Do a 'search' and you'll find plenty of discussion on it. An Explorer Express swaybar would also be a strong recomendation.

Latest posts