New '05 owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a $200 budget, you can get a set of ProComp 3000S shocks ($110), and a set of OEM rubber floor mats (about $80). With winter just around the corner, the better shocks and floor mats will be much welcomed.

By springtime, you may want to invest in a ventvisor (about $40) for the back window. This allows you to use the vent feature when it is raining without having to worry about water dripping onto your rear seatback. Another summer mod, would be to tint the front side windows to match the rear windows (about $80 for a quality job). It keeps the interior cooler in the summer months, and looks much better than stock.

Welcome to the site. A nice mod for only $10 or so, is the power tailgate lock. Do a search for it on this site as many of us have done this. Have fun with your new toy! :)

*chuckes* That is our 13 yearold spoiled rotten weenie dog. Her name is Roxy, but I call her *noodle*.

She sounds ferocious, but is only brave if I'm around, barks at everything. But if I wasn't there....not a peep. Although I don't complain, she is actually low maintenance....for a weeniedog.

Have a good one

Bob

Howdy !! And Welcome !!

If you had just one modification to make, with a limited budget (let's say under $200), what might you do?

A good bang for the buck is the Bed Mat ...$40 ...keeps things from sliding around back there.

Here in New Orleans I could not live w/o the VentVisors on the windows ....helps keep the ST cool when parked.

Also I'm all-fore showing off our Tracs :

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

Did you buy your ST in Europe? The reason why I am asking is I have never seen an ST with those side clearance lights before. Looks pretty cool.

Nelson

No I didn't. Although I got the inspiration from Europe. I was there for 5 years. There is a project that was posted a while back from Ken Kojama back in 2002 how to add side marker lights to a 'Trac. I followed the directions and did it in a couple of hours. the hard thing was(besides drilling the hole in my fender) was fishing the wires through the fender from the connections I had made in the blinkers. The side markers I got from Advance in the *Ricer* section. Since I have a silver 'Trac, I like the clean look of clear corners.

Have a good one

Bob

Latest posts