New 2010 Adrenalin owner in Ohio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjwolfe82

V6 Engine
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
Hello. Bought a 2010 Adrenalin model a few weeks ago. I've always liked the look of the Sport Trac and so was more than happy when the stars lined up for me to get one. So far, love it.
I had looked at a couple previously but the frames seemed to be pretty rusty. Came across this one though and bought it onsite without even driving it. Didn't even know the Adrenalin model existed before. The previous owner took good care of it. Just a wee bit of rust at one of the rocker panel undersides but should easily be able to repair it (pretty good for salty-road Ohio)
Still feels like a new vehicle when driving it. Looking forward to learning all about it.
Anyone know how many Adrenalin models were produced in 2010?

Welcome to the world of STA owners. Their are some great knowledgeable individuals on this site, always willing to share in problem solving and or upgrade suggestions. Congratulations

Welcome. Be sure to post any issues or repairs that you have made. We are interested. Especially in short cuts.

Get a Marty report....
My Blue 2010 is 1 of 526.....

Pic attached, though she is a bit dirty. Just drove 6 hrs down to Virginia. Cruised awesomely through the eastern Kentucky hills.
I will order the Marty report.
Have a 69 F250 that I got one for. Money well spent.
20210611_202354.jpg

I have an '08 Sport, V8, but not Adrenaline. I'm wanting mine to have the Adrenaline look. But looking at it, from the side, I guess most of it is in the wheels (which I didn't think was the case). The back 2/3 of yours = mine. I guess it's the front 1/3 that catches my eye.

I have an '08 Sport, V8, but not Adrenaline. I'm wanting mine to have the Adrenaline look. But looking at it, from the side, I guess most of it is in the wheels (which I didn't think was the case). The back 2/3 of yours = mine. I guess it's the front 1/3 that catches my eye.
I believe the Adrenalin package added the 20 inch wheels. Then also there is no fender trim.

My 2008 STA has a fake vent/ports in the front fenders, blacked out headlights/grill, different running boards as well the 20" wheels. I think the AWD was standard on the '08s. I'm no expert on Sport Tracs, so there may be other subtle differences. I was not looking for an "Adrealin", just a Sport Trac with the 4.6L. But that STA was all that was locally available at the time. I'm not dissapointed with the STA, on the contrary, I'm impressed. Handles like my old sports cars (OK they were old). Decent gas mileage and very good towing capacity. Now that I'm a bit older, I'd like something with a softer ride. I changed out the shocks, but it still rides harsh as my old TR-3. Maybe those new adjustable struts are the ticket.

I'm used to owning junk so I'm really liking my STA. ...the way it handles, the power, the decent sound system, lots of leg room, etc. I will live with the fact that there is not a good place for my phone. ;)

Haven't you been watching those WeatherTech CupFone ads on TV???

Right! Someday I will need to breakdown and try one...of those things that block the AC vent.
Actually it probably doesn't and works fine. That's another thing I like about this truck. Even after sitting in the hot afternoon sun, the AC cools the cab down right now.

Right! Someday I will need to breakdown and try one...of those things that block the AC vent.
Actually it probably doesn't and works fine. That's another thing I like about this truck. Even after sitting in the hot afternoon sun, the AC cools the cab down right now.
That's a Ford AC for you. :) Every Ford I've ever owned, from Mustangs to SHO, from Edge to Fusion, Explorer to F150 (I've never owned a Focus, but I bet they have good AC too!) had AC that'd freeze your jumblies off, even if you didn't have jumblies! :)

My 2008 STA has a fake vent/ports in the front fenders, blacked out headlights/grill, different running boards as well the 20" wheels. I think the AWD was standard on the '08s. I'm no expert on Sport Tracs, so there may be other subtle differences. I was not looking for an "Adrealin", just a Sport Trac with the 4.6L. But that STA was all that was locally available at the time. I'm not dissapointed with the STA, on the contrary, I'm impressed. Handles like my old sports cars (OK they were old). Decent gas mileage and very good towing capacity. Now that I'm a bit older, I'd like something with a softer ride. I changed out the shocks, but it still rides harsh as my old TR-3. Maybe those new adjustable struts are the ticket.
Agree with all of that, and thanks for the post. And I didn't even realize the lack of fender 'flares' that aren't on the Adrenaline that are on my '08 V8 4x4. Maybe that's a big part of the difference in the "looks" department. Especially since, mine was a fleet vehicle, so they didn't take care of the hard-plastic pieces like I would on one of my vehicles (keeping them lubed up, so they keep their 'black' plastic look). In fact, that's one of the things I've been fighting on mine: getting the 'luscious', black plastic to not look faded.

But, heck, as you pointed out, the Adrenaline doesn't even have the fender flares! Remove those, add a 'feaux' vent-flare in the fat part in front of the A-pillar (which has been one of the places that my eyes to go, thinking it needs something), and then, of course, replace the wheels with something less-truck, more smexy (I'm leaning toward a Ford Edge Sport 22" rim), I think I'll love the front end of my truck, as much as I've always loved the back.

Latest posts