new camaro !

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
finally saw a new camaro today outside of a dealer.

one word, WOW !!!!!, REAL NICE :cool:

it was a V-6, LT2 optioned.

now here is the problem, the rep comes out and when i inquire about the price, she say's it will be 5K over the near 30K msrp. then she stated that the SS will be 10K over :eek:

i then reminded her of GM's current situation, and she said someone will buy it. i am sure someone will, but imo, not a good move to attract customers. give it a few months and i am sure they will drop below msrp.

What a crock, two yrs ago the GT 500s were selling for 80K.

My dealer has 09s he would be happy to unload for 43 (almost half).

When the Chally SRT 8 came out a few mos back, I went and drove one and considered selling the Roush (prior to actually test driveing it)

They were asking 70K for that pig.

Are 4 of them in tracy that can be had for 34K.

these dealers are a joke, In these times they should be happy to take $500.00 over MSRP and keep the lights on at night.

bill,

imo, good choice on not getting the chal srt-8 and keeping the rousch.

first freeway exit you encounter with the chal and your in the brush :lol:

i know the 2010 camaro is heavy, but it still has some good numbers and imo the looks are awesome.

we had the same stupid experience when we looking at the 350z when it first came out.

wifey wanted to sit in the one in the showroom, and the rep said if you have 8k over sticker he will unlock it :wacko:

bye bye and a big f.u.

2 months later we got it for 1500 under msrp

Not necesarily a GM thing. Just a D.A. GM dealer. If Karma has it's way, that dealer will be one of the 50% dealerships closed by GM!!!

What goes around...

GM

4d0f2f0313b28b888bac6787075835da.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i then reminded her of GM's current situation, and she said someone will buy it. i am sure someone will, but imo, not a good move to attract customers. give it a few months and i am sure they will drop below msrp.

Is this GM marking these cars up, or is the the dealers doing this? GM took a stance against that with the Saturn Sky's. Any dealers caught doing this would have ALL of their Sky's removed from the lot and they would not be alloted any more.

This is a dealer marking them up because they can.

This is called supply and demand. If I have one car and 5 buyers, then 5 people MUST compete for that car. If I have one buyer and 5 cars, then the dealer must entice me to buy the car.

Don't like it, don't buy the car.

In this case, GM is well within their rights to tell dealers that if they do this, they will lose the privledge to sell a Camaro.

If McDonalds on the Turnpike can raise the price of a Big Mac a couple bucks because they can, why should you hate the dealer for doing the same thing.

Welcome to America.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
i was in the camaros at the NY auto show, the interior is not as i expected. exterior is awesome, but i expected more from the interior

Camaro, started out as a decent concept. Finished product, not as nice, interior stinks and already a recall.

Gov't already said it will discontinue the Camaro and the Corvette.

I agree the concept was attractive but the concept was also valued at 65K. Like most GM cars, they all have extremely cheap interiors.

I just got back from the Ford dealer and they said they will sell the GT500 for sticker. He did say that if nobody mentions it they will leave the 20k dealer markup adder on the sticker.

Big Al your poorly misinformed. Each one will run through its already determined life cycle, if GM decides both are still viable for the future they will develop a new one.

While the Camaro may not last past this new generation, you can rest assured the Corvette will live on. It has on of the biggest, if not the biggest followings in America.

natural order of things short + supply high demand equals added sticker price

was done with viper, prowler, retro t-bird, ford gt etc,etc, etc,

Some dealers are price gouging, and some are seling at msrp or lower.

all the bad interior opinions I think are wrong and uninformed untill you see the final production interior. My local dealer is pretty good so far has two at msrp.

a lot of info on this web site

Big Al your poorly misinformed. Each one will run through its already determined life cycle, if GM decides both are still viable for the future they will develop a new one.

While the Camaro may not last past this new generation, you can rest assured the Corvette will live on. It has on of the biggest, if not the biggest followings in America.

I can almost confirm the Corvette is dead. The next generation interiors project was canceled 3 weeks ago. A very close friend on the design team told me that all projects are on hold or canceled. The up in coming V8 was canceled. V10 program was canceled as well. Right now the design teams are told report and wait. No projected start dates. Right now, it depends on who the majority holder is if they want to continue the vette. Supplier testing was halted and chambers sit empty. This is coming from GM HQ in Detroit.

The stop order was put on through management via Gov't. Gotta love it. Right now your either moved to a seperate program or pink slipped. He made through 4 rounds or layoffs including yesterdays.