New DPFE sensors improved?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dindo Perlas

Reaction score
Hello guys.

My CEL went on and gave me a P1401. I have not yet pinpointed the cause. But since my wife is in Sterling, VA (I'm in the Philippines) and is coming back soon, I had her buy me a DPFE sensor which is 50% cheaper in the US just in case it is the problem. If not, I'll just have it in stock.

I got the smaller DPFE sensor with part#4U7Z-9J460-AA. Is this sensor still the same sensor that has been a common problem in our tracs? Or has Ford/Motorcraft made any improvements in it?

BTW, I'm driving a 2001, Job 2.

Best regards.

I just replaced mine, '02 ST here... Same part number as you posted, and the replacement is slightly larger that the original one, but fits perfectly and my P1400 code CEL is gone!...

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)are definitions that have been assigned or reserved by the SAE and are to be used as general guidelines to direct to proper service areas.

There's (P)owertrain, (C)hassis, (B)ody and Network Comm(U)nication DTCs.

Of the Powertrain codes, the P0xxx are reserved for Generic (SAE) codes, P1xxx are Manufacturer specific.

Now, why would the 'puter decide to show a P1xxx versus a P0xxx code? I have no idea ;)

P0401 = EGR Flow insufficient

P1401 = DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I can't remember exactly if I got a P1401 or a P0401. :rolleyes: But I remember my scantool said "EGR Flow Insufficient" so it must be P0401.

I just hope they give my wife the "slightly larger" DPFE sensor that Fer was telling us about. There must be some improvements to it- fingers crossed...

Well, it finally happened to me too. At 100426 miles (ext warr ran out at 100K :angry: ) I got the CEL with a P0401 code. Is the DPFE sensor a dealer only item or can I get one at Auto Zone or Advance Auto? I was in too big of a hurry when I had them check the code and forgot to ask.

I never thought of buying it at Autozone... But the dealer price is about $30 bucks, at least around here, I don't know if Autozone has them, but I don't think the price difference would be much...

Latest posts