New Ford Warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale McMurry

Reaction score
Form will now make 07 warranties 5 years or 60 thousand miles. It is retroactive to any

07 purchased. See Blue Oval News for more information.:):):)

Very nice!

Here are the highlights courtesy of Blue oval news:

- No-deductible, fully transferable powertrain limited warranty on 2007 Ford and Mercury vehicles is now five years or 60,000 miles – 66 percent better than all Chrysler Group and most GM nameplates.

- Lincoln’s 2007 powertrain limited warranty is now six years or 70,000 miles – up to 20,000 miles and two years longer than Cadillac’s.

- Ford to offer complimentary roadside assistance, including towing, fuel and lock-out service for the entire warranty period – services not offered by Toyota and Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been saying for a long time with todays vehicle prices all manufactures should be offering 5 year warranties. If a vehicle won't last 5 years without a major problem then I don't want the damn thing.

About time! Now if just the others like Toyota would step up to the plate and back what they build.

Darin, Toyota does have a 5yr 60k mile warrently on powertrain... they have a 3yr 36k mile bumper to bumper, which Ford also has. Nothing different.

The difference, Mud Flap, is that with Ford's 5/60 powertrain warranty the odds are REALLY good of having to use it...unlike Toyotas.

My wife's f'ing 04 Merc Mountaineer has had tranny problems since 11K miles, and we are STILL trying to get them fixed now at 34K.

It shifts so harsh and hesitates shifting into reverse and forward, and when down shifting on decel that it is jarring to say the least.

TJR

Good point, TJR... I really never worried much about the warranty coverage on my Toyota. I really have enjoyed not getting to know the service manager by first name :)

Latest posts