NEW GAME: Lets Play Guess the MOD ????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL mike...... I wish I could actually do that with video stuff !!! HAHAHA

WELL !!!!

The truck got a drive train upgrade !!!! 4:56 motorsport gears and a motorsport cobra carbon fiber disk limited slip unit !!!!!

Well worth it in my eyes !!!!! Now I just have to do the front so I can use the 4wd this winter !!!

Wounder what kind of boom I would get if I throw it in 4wd now !!:eek: HAHAHAHA :lol:

The rear brakes ( power slot rotors and EBC pads) don't hold during power breaking any more !!

The converter acted up in the first video, sounded and felt like I dumped a clutch that I don't have....

HAHAHAHAHA

Funny thing is it may be due to breaking it in, But I am well over 5+ mpg improvement !!! on 2 tanks of gas...

The truck takes off soo much easier, smoother on my hilly driveway, and well worth the hill climbs on the roads here !!!

Speedo is 100% calibrated using measurements, stop clocks, 2 nav units and 1 police radar gun... LOL

Thanks for playing !!!!! :cool::cool::banana::banana::banana:

Congrats to those that guess gearing !!!

P.S I may have my 4:10 stuff for sale if any one is interested.....

ToddZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Z....

Where did you get this upgrade from and price wise? And also does the same company offer the upgrade for the front....? If not, who does?

Brandon,

yes, since it is easier for the engine to get the truck going ( torque is increased at the rear tires and engine rpm is higher) the truck takes off with less gas pedal...

mike,

i will get exact but i went from 4:10, i believe I only lost 500 rpm on the highway... i was doing 2300 at 65 or 70 and not it is 2800.... i have under drive pulleys so i know i am not over revving any thing and the engine temps stayed the same...

I also did not do this for the burnouts and the smoke... I wanted that advantage, smoother take off's, and other things.... I may do a 351 conversion and make the truck a track truck down the line... not too sure..

beer....

You have to install the gears your self or find a race shop to do it.... the parts are about $550 including oil and seals..... if a place installs you would pay about $900 installed for just the rear...

NOW you DO NOT need the posi, but i killed my OEM track lock ( I am rebuilding it for sale) so i had to add $299 for the posi..

The front is the same special tools needed and a shop should do it..

Todd Z