New guy here...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Stark

Reaction score
I just got a 2002 5 speed to replace a Ranger I sold. So far I'm very happy. Plans are to do mods to allow it to travel in snow better. I am a Fleet manager for a county here in Colorado and need to be able to get to and from work in all contitions. My Ranger was setup pretty well and the ST will be less of a rock machine and more towards a prerunner to go fast on dirt roads and as mensioned in snow. TIA for all the tech articals on here and they have already helped.

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and folks here.

BTW, my last name is Stark, also. Not sure but I think we are the only 2...:)

Aloha and Welcome "Starkman". Best wishes to you and the most functional vehicle Ford has ever made IMO. Wish I could give you advice on "snow mods" living in Hawaii. ;)

Welcome! If you have the money to spend, get a set of Matttracks. They will take you just about anywhere you want to go. Wish I could, a set of tracks on my Trac would be Cool!

Welcome to the site man !!!!

Thanks for being part of the BEST ST community !!

Todd Z

Welcome to the site!

I live in Canada and see a lot of snow. I have to tell you, the Trac is THE BEST vehicle for snow ops (with some modifications).

My opinion: get some All-Terrain tires with beefy treads for the winter. My BFG All Terrains get kind of clogged with snow until you hit some pavement.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It feels like the Colorado local Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club site. Check it out RMFTC.com .

shaun t, thanks for the advice on tires, I have always used BFG ATs and they are rated as a "severe snow" tire. I just ordered a set of 265/75R16s. I will trim to stop the rubbing and have added about 1" TT at this point. Also ordered some Rancho RS9000XL from Summit also.

I also have been eyeing the stuff from Dixon Bros, maybe someday...

http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/blogcategory/1/2/

Latest posts