New headlights!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
What do you think?

I love the look! Just wish I would have done it a long time ago.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!! :banana:

Did you buy them pre-made or did you paint them your self? Saved nearly 200.00 bucks doing my headlights myself...

The headlights look just like the ones some wierdo in Akron has on his Trac. Same color too.

Tom

Yep Tom, not too far from you. But, I do like the clear blacked out corners on yours better.

Shhhhh....keep it down about the girlfriend, I am married :D

Ya, he was dying to get to the water! Didnt really want to wait for me to take pictures.

Steve M and Reaper,

Don't know how to post the project, but...

go to the "projects" link, click on "appearance"/"exterior appearance", and then click "DIY lense blackout".

A friend of mine's did his headlights on his tacoma this way and suggested that I do it this way as well instead of buying them pre-made. Not only is it fun to do, it saved me a nice chunk of money to drop on other mods :banana:

[Broken External Image]:

Reaper, I wouldn't recommend using vht on the headlights...

So, was it hard to do it yourself? I bought mine, good deal off ebay, but not as good as diy. I am thinking of doing my clear corners black to get rid of the amber sides. But worried about screwing them up.

It's super easy guys...

The main part is loosening the sealant so you can separate the lens from the housing. After heating, try prying them apart with a putty knife or a similar tool and make sure you do this gently so as not to damage anything.

Just make sure you don't make your oven too hot, and monitor the lights while heating to make sure they don't warp.

The rest is a piece of cake...

Just have fun with it :banana:

I can't remember the temps, but set it low, around 175 in the oven. Leave them for several minutes, then try to pry the lens off. heat until you can. I pulled all the sealant off and used a clear silicone to reinstall. Looks great for both the headlights and corners.Of course I asked the admin to help too._Ron

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for the tip on locating the project. I was searching stuff like "lights,headlights" and couldn't find it. I do like the blacked out look.

Latest posts