NEW HITCH

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are available all over now that the Trac has been out a few years. The only thing I recommend is do NOT buy anything less than a Class III (3) hitch. Other than that, it is a preference of style..

Just be careful with the ebay hitches....

They will rust and the black paint will fall of in about a year....

Mine looks like junk!!!.... This summer I am removing and replacing

Todd Z

Whatever hitch you buy (I have the OEM Ford hitch I purchased from Rusty), have it sprayed with Line-X or some other type of spray on bedliner material prior to installation. That way it'll never flake or rust and will always look good. I did it, it only cost me $65, and it looks great. Here are a few pictures.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Which one did you get Todd Z? I've been shopping around but haven't committed. I would prefer one that is less noticeable. The Reese brand in the local parts stores are the cheapest ($99-109 +tax:angry:) but I haven't heard or saw anything about them.

C

Here's some pictures of the one I got. Comes with lifetime warranty. All the holes were pre-drilled and was very easy to install.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Casey, I grabbed the cheapest one off ebay, don't remember which seller...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I had the dealer install a "Hidden Hitch" when I bought my 01 New and it still looks ok. I repainted it when I painted my chadding black last summer.

I got a Class III Hidden Hitch from a local mom & pop accessories shop for $119. Usually something I'd do myself but I had elbow surgery and wasn't recovered yet so I had a bud who owns a transmission shop install it, he charged me $20.

Latest posts