~ NEW MOD - Functional Fender Vents

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XST: The grills were held in place by the original clips. All I did was take tin snips and cut a slit in the grill to slide over the clips.

I agree with Toddz....these will not directly fit the Gen1. Street Scene does sell vents sorta like these but they are smaller. Although, if your gonna have vents its best to make them functional!!!!

yeah if i did it it would have to be functional, thats the same problem with those hood scoops, they look cool but if they arent functional then i dont want to be writing checks my butt cant cash, especailly at stop lights, know what i mean. thats kinda like the old joke, "these racing stripes added 10HP"

ok, i dont thing i have see anyone install a set of these on there gen 1 trac, anybody know? i would love to be the first but i cant cut a hole in my fender right now.

There is a white Generation 1 Adrenalin that lives about 45 minutes from me that has the side vents. I've seen it around town a few times for football games, but haven't been able to track down the owner. They do not appear functional, but shouldn't be too difficult to make if you're not afraid of cutting into the fender. The ST has a STEEDA decal on the windshield and the tie down replacements from Steeda. They may have the air vents there.

i think i like it better the color that it is rather than black. if you spray it black i think it will look just like it did before. it matches you wheels well now

How a thing looks is irrelevant. How it functions is what matters. I put the stainless tie-down bolts on my bed, and then painted them black. I didn't care about shiny. I cared about rust.

im gonna have to disagree dingo man, i have much respect for you bud, but i think the key to an awesome automobile is one that finds the best medium between function and beauty.

I partially agree with you. But there's a certain mystique about a complete sleeper... *nods toward truck*

Function over form. My ride looses the shine everytime I park in my mudhole parking space at home, but form is...forever (lol)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i think sometimes m truck looks just as good with mud on it as it does cleaned, i agree with the sleeper thing. but it doesnt have to be ugly or cheap looking to be a sleeper,

Hey D. Potts; did you ever figure out a way to open up and use the stock plastic grill as you mentioned above??

Yes I did figure it out......now I just need to do it. Prob is I kinda likethe way my vents are now so I have not gotten too much motivation to finish teh stock vents. I will see what I can do in the next few days!

***MY IDEA: Take the Stock vents to a Grinder to wear off teh backside 1/4 of plastic thus allowing the GRATE style to actually be holes.**** THe onlything stopping the vents from functioning is teh 1/4 sheet of plastic on the rear of the vent.....see pic below:

STOCK VENTS

[Broken External Image]:

Actually, I have a much faster idea to make the stock ones functional. Let me get my hands on one and have the tool made...

Latest posts