New Oil that lasts 15,000?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
Has any one seen the new comercials for the oil that is supposed to last up to 15,000 miles now? Is this a legit thing or should the oil still be changed around every 5,000 miles? Has anyone used this new oil, does it work, is it worth getting or should everyone just stick with the normal 5,000 stuff? Any Ideas on this new oil?

The only thing i can think of this is if the dealer wants to void your warranty when a motor issue occurs they can because you did not change the oil as per "manufacturers " spec. Will the oil last that long, I don't see why not... Will I ever go that long or ever use that oil.. NOPE..

Todd Z

I run synthetics, I think they're better and last longer. OTOH, I still want to get the dirt out of my engine and oil no matter how good the oil is. If I did run the Mobil 1 EP, I'd still change the filter every 5000 and add a quart. In other words, the oil might last that long but I'm not too sure about the filter. By 10,000 a lot of oil is going to be going through the bypass I think.

Remember, it's not the oil that wears out, it's the additive package that depletes itself in the process of doing it's job. The oil is a lubricant. The additives are, in effect, detergents and antacids. The detergent keeps particles in suspension while the antacids neutralize the acids formed from combustion gases. All gasoline has some sulfer in it and water is a combustion by-product. Those two combine to form sulfuric acid which tends to cause corrosion. The secret to longer life oil is in the additives. This was a very simplified expaination.

Latest posts