new problem and update on tranny

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn Aleksich

Reaction score
Morning,

Just so you know I contacted Ford about my extended warrenty ending 500 miles ago and then the transmission going and all I got was, sorry. So I sent an email thinking I may get a response on that. I got an email back all it said was they saw that I had already contact the customer service center and see that they gave me an answer already. Ughhhh. I still am crutching my ST till I can sell my boat. Sniffle. If anyone knows of the best place in tidewater to sell a boat quick let me know. I thought about getting a loan on the boat, pay on the loan, and keep the boat and fix the truck but I really don't know. It's been pretty slow in the government contract design business, worried about doing that.

But now I have another problem and do not know if it is related or what. When I start my ST in the morning (keep in mind its close to 80 degrees here in hampton roads). The temp gauge is not working and I get a check engine light on. Then if I wait a couple of minutes the gauge pops up mid way and light goes out. So any thoughts on what this is and is it related to the tranny going or is my thermostat going?

Somebody just shoot me for still loving this truck. It's making me insane.

OH YEA and if you guys see "MAMA TRK" on the side of road please stop and give a ride. Sniffle, Sniffle. :(

Sounds like the temp sensor is bad.... Not that expensive....

Todd Z

Iam with Todd...temp sensor is going bad or, maybe bad connection on temp sensor. Pull the wire off of the sensor and plug it back in. If it is dirty connection, that will wipe it. A bad gauge wont normally set off cel, but the sensor will.

Latest posts