New Roof Ornament

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unholy ST

Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a new roof ornament for my truck today and ran into a little issue. There's no good spot on the front of the truck to tie anything to. My '04 had the tow hooks, but this has nothing. I ended up tying it to the block heater plug in, but that's not a good solution when I hit the highway. Anyone have a good solution for this?

What alot of people I know do is remove a fender bolt and put some nylon strapping with a D-ring on it , put it back in and use that as a tie down, then you can just tuck them in under the hood when not in use.

I had some pic.s of this somewhere, i,ll see what I can find.

Heres my set up, I use the tow hooks, and wrap the front straps in cotton cloth, where the touch the hood/grill to prevent rubbing, my boat looks a bit longer than yours though.

[Broken External Image]:

Todd

Ok, this is the best pick I can find, but you get the idea of where the under hood/ fender bolt tie downs go.

[Broken External Image]:

Todd

That seems like it might be hard on the hood. :( My trip home from buying the canoe was short, so it didn't wreck the plastichrome, but I need to bring the canoe up north and that's a long trip on the highway. I can't believe there's no good tie downs on the front of the truck.

I had bush bars on the last truck, I was hoping to leave them off this one, the truck is long enough as it is. Ah well, thanks for the suggestions.

Ok heres, some more info for you, I understand what your saying about the hood, esspecially on a new truck but lots of people do this with no complaints, or maybe someone else can use this info.

I solicited some info from our canoe web site (www.myccr.com) and got some great info

A couple more pic.s from people

18e46a61dfd2a5cad05be298637a46e6.jpg

92a8a90051bf7d5473f72e2ca531cdf7.jpg

Todd

A site with great instructions

Last edited by a moderator: