New rotors & pads install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenn Tina

Reaction score
Seems like brakes are a common theme around here lately. I had ordered the power slot rotors & hawk pads from Seattlesporttrac just a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get some time and perform the installation today. I had a hard time removing the calipers and frames as another member did a few posts before this. I ended up using a breaker bar to get the job done. I am completely satisfied with the quality of the rotors and pads and have no doubt they will make a huge difference in my braking system. I spent just under $400 for the whole deal including bearings and seals which is no more then a dealer would charge to perform the same job with the OEM quality parts. I have 44k miles and this is the 3rd time I have had problems with the brakes which is what prompted me to spend the extra money and buy the best I could find. Even after the first test drive I can tell you it stops better then the day I bought it. Thanks for all the help and advice, and a big thanks to Seattlesporttrac for getting me the parts.

Cool Deal...

Nice to do it your self and save some money.....

Just watch the slotted rotors, Mine are on about 4 months and the pads are 1/2 worn down already...

Todd Z

hey ken, how are things going in central fla. ?

we are going to be at our hose in hernando in the first week of novmember ( minus the sport trac this time ). before we purchased, you gave us some great info about the area. we were down in august and the area is growing pretty quickly. well maybe we will see you then.

Gary S. Its my 3rd year here and the area is growing much faster now then ever. We have a new Panera Bread, Marshalls, Michaels, and a few other new stores in a new shopping center right on US 50. I also here that the local phone company is going to try to gain franchise rights to sell fiber optic phone, data, and video services in the area within the next couple of years, much like they are doing in Tampa already. They have even opened up a huge new hospital close to downtown. Hope you have a safe trip getting here. Maybe we can all go for a coffee and talk trac. See ya soon.

Latest posts