New shocks, now I have a squeak!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Hinebaugh

Reaction score
I finally replaced the goodyears with Michelin Cross Terrains, and over a couple of weekends installed some Rancho RSX's on the front and back. Love the ride, but now I have this annoying squeak coming from the rear. Especially noticalble witht he rear window open. To replace the rears, I took down the spare, and took out the panel with the emissions boxes on it. I don't really think there was anything on that panel that would cause this kind of noise, could I have put the spare back up incorrectly, or not gotten it tight enough? I was also thinking that maybe I should have put some grease on the bottom shock bolt, but I didn't. Anybody think that would help?

tail gate catches... spray some white lithium grease on the catch post and inside the catches. ,.. i had that issue with my 01.. i could only hear it with the window down..

troy

I have an 01 with the exact same problem.

I can only hear it when the rear window down.

Troy sounds like he knows what hes doing lets try that.

I am getting a squeak with my 2005 Adren 4X4 with 78000k ... it only starts sqeaking when the truck has warmed up, when i first start driving it dosent seem to make noice. Also it only sqeaks when i go over bumps ( I am thinking shocks?). I step on the side step up bars and jump up and down and it seems like its coming from beside the front left tire(inbored), behind the rotors. can someone give me some advice .... :)

Spare, tailgate latches, lube the shock bushings. I'm convinced the rear leaf springs squeak so I spray WD-40 between the leaves once in a while.

Latest posts