New shoes!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
Took the trac in for new shoes, alignment check, tranny flush, brake check and adjust, brake fluid flush and check the ball joints for play.

got a new set of Michelin LTX M/S 25570/16's and what a difference it makes. the old coopers were cupped so bad, it sounded terrible (whup,whup) and vibrated alot. The alignment was dead on.

All the other maintenance was stuff I needed to do, just havent had the time so I went ahead and paid for it to be done. Total cost, 1020.00 but the tires were almost 800.00.

Talked to the shop mgr ( a buddy of mine) and they will rotate them per the manual from now on to see if it keeps the cupping away.

I LOVE my new shoes..... :)

Shocks are new... forgot the brand right off hand but they were recommended here. Have had issues with cupping on the wranglers (oem issue) and the coopers (cheap tires). Changed shocks, checked alignment several times, and had the entire front suspension checked several times.

I did not question the tire price really, I use the same shop here for all my work and sometimes I pay more for some items, but I like having the same guys do the work. I just wanted my baby right for the daily commute that is starting next week.

For the first time since I have owned the ST, I do not have any vibration at any speed up to 85 mph. I am happy!!!