New Sneakers/GoodYear Forteras'

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fezz Mac

Reaction score
Did a lot of research and knowing I drive very little off road (except for beach sand) I narrowed it down to the Michelin Cross Terrain or the new Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor...

Well...

Went with the GoodYear Fortera and am amazed at the difference in the ride and handling!

I can't believe I waited so long (2002 Trac w/67K miles on orig. tires).

I have also done some reading that indicates the stock shocks are garbage so I am thinking...

"what else am I missing"?? Thinking about some new Munroe Reflex shocks or the Ranchos'.

How much will the ride improve and is it money well spent???

Any imput greatly appreciated.

Fezzer

Monroe Reflexes will improve your ride like night and day over the stock shocks. Congratulations on the Fortera Silent Armors. I just asked about them a few nights ago.

Shocks will make a huge difference. I am sure you notice your truck hopping over bumps. After changing the shocks, that will go away. I bought ProComp 3000s and am very happy with their performance.

I was just looking at these tires lastnight for mine. I have the B-Stone Revos now, but they have become quite noisy! I saw the commercial for the Fortera and started looking for them. What did you pay for them??? I sw them on tire rack.com for 120 each, plus shipping, plus mounting and balancing.... I am going to price shop locally today....

A1cntrler,

You're active-duty USN, right? Check the NEX tire shops. I think they are carrying the Fortera. Not sure if they can offer the best deal, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Still loving them and very pleased with the feel/performance.

Paid $802.00 mounted w/tax for the four of em'.

Prob. could have beat that price if I shopped but I wanted them NOW.

Shocks are next.

Fezzer

Latest posts