New to the group!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barker fam ST

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Alright here it is .... I've had my 02 for a long time. I grew up learning how to drive and driving 300$ vehicles my entire life. My ST is the nicest vehicle i have ever bought its also the 1st actual 4x4 I've ever had it runs great starts everytime ( well except once when the fuel pump went out) cold A/c everything works no check engine light covered with electrical tape! I love this truck i mean love it! I have nothing bad to say about my trucks 4.0, except we all know about the timing difficulties these 4.0s tend to have. I've always wanted to do the V8 swap but there was nothing wrong with the motor so if it ain't broke don't fix it ... well about 45k miles ago a small rattle started to develop and it has continued to get louder 2 weeks ago I broke 200k miles so I'm kind freaking out because me my family and my still small business count on this little truck and I know that rattle is the timing chain or chains. I stopped by a buddy of mines shop the other day and he has a 95 F150 he taking the axles and bed and maybe some cab and suspension parts but it's 4x4 with a newer 5.0 motor and trans is there also. Can a easy motor swap be done with this combo? ( 02 sport trac xlt 4x4 4.0 with a 95 F150 xlt 4x4 5.0? There's nothing wrong with my trans but would I need that trans or can I just change the bell housing. I've been looking at motors but he said he would give me the motor so I'm hoping it will work out.

Latest posts