New TQ Nostalgia Rod Wheels on 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
Installed new TQ nostalgia rod wheels on my 07 Trac this weekend.

I like the nostalgic look as you can tell from the Pics. Similar to Torque

Thrust D Wheels, but cleaner. Wheels/Tires Specs: 18x9 with 4.5"

backspace, Toyo Proxes 275/55R18. No clearance issues. See my

library for more/larger Pics
:rolleyes: /bRAD

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look alot. I think it looks classy!

Are there spacers on them?

Is that the hood scoop from Explorer Express? I had one on my '02, didn't know it fit Gen2.

Very nice! You've given it a real "muscular" look.:cool: Is that billet grille an overlay, or complete replacement?

No spacers..........just the result of 4.5" backspace wheels that are 9" wide. Scoop is from Auto Mega (Custom Auto Trim) and the Grill is a complete 4 piece Billet set that requires cutting out the original grille from the OEM shell.......Carriage Works grille. /bRAD

FYI........the best add on I have done to date is the custom diamond plate tool box for the bed. See my library for Pics. It's a real useful accessory and I use it daily. Fits under the OEM bed cover and I can slide a set of golf clubs under it to the end of the bed. I have the drawing (specs) for it somewhere........./bRAD

DUDE i love it!!!

im actually been trying to redesign the old old body style of the F100...

the more rounded one...

lol never thought of inpiration from the STs...

maybe ill go at this at a whole new angle...:huh:

Thanks for the commnets, however I have always felt the name "Explorer Sport Trac" was a big mistake by Ford. Really hate that name, and part of the reason for the F100 emblem is when you remove the super ugly huge Sport Trac badge it leaves two locator holes in the tailgate that need to covered up. Since I felt Ford should have named it the F100 anyway, it just made sense and I get many positive comments. One real benefit, I have no trouble renting a UHAUL trailer as it isn't Identified as an "Explorer", it's worked 4 times now with no questions. Anyway......the name F100 identifies and places the vehicle in a class of truck that separates it from the competition. It has a 7000 lb towing capacity, an optional V8 engine and even though it has independent rear suspension, it's much more of a truck than the Honda Ridgeline or Nissan Frontier. And the other HUGE mistake Ford has made is not offering a carpet option on at least the Limited trim level. Maybe they do on the 08 models, but on the 07 no such option, just that cheezy rubber. I couldn't wait to tear out the rubber and replace it with high quality slate carpeting, makes a big difference. /bRAD

Latest posts