New Transmission?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
My ST just had the OD light of death today and about a week ago. I know its the Transmission and it will probably have to be replaced. I am going to the local transmission shop tomorrow.I was wondering if there was a better transmission available for the Trac or will I have to get a new or rebuilt of the same one? I have 33s and was hoping there was something a little better for the trac than the current crap one. Any Ideas? If I am going to spend the $$ for a rebuilt or new tranny then may as well get a better one. Just wondering if that is possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't answer your question, but please keep us posted about what you get, if it's different and it works. Seeing as how I have a supercharged trac producing nearly 300 horses when it's running properly, I'll probably be in the market for a new transmission one of these days (hopefully one of these days is many many MANY days away). A 6-speed manual would really kick butt with this xcharger setup. ;)

You can give ATI performance products whom are located in Baltimore Md.The have up- graded transmissions and torque converters combo's. 800-284-3433. Not positive they handle the tranny for our ST

I agree with snoop..check out some of the perfomance trans shops...see if they can build something better...

Hmm ill have to check with the guy at the local shop hes really good and knows alot so I will check with him and keep you all updated if there is anything available for the Trac.

Flip I have around 93,000 miles so i guess im lucky it took this long.