Newbie 07 ST Orange frost

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Barrand

Reaction score
Hi, new here.

Ordered an 07 Limited 4X4 Orange Frost 4.6L, yesterday, saw pics of the orange first on this site!!:wub:

I am changing to the XLT Roof rails and step as I like the all black rather than the silver on the Limited.:)

I did't like the Chrome package on the orange either.:p

Will change the grill for the Explorer grill, as I really don't care for the 'nostrils'. The explorer grill makes it look lower and wider.

I ordered a Leer tonneau as I like the painted fiberglass better than the Ford black cover.

Will post pics when I get it in about 8 weeks

< insert jealous smiley here !!!!!!

Good luck with it...

Todd Z

How you gonna take the roof rails off, if not via dealer? (This was a previous open-ended question on here.)

First Leisha congrats on the purchase, i love that color. And i wanted to ask what arte you doing with your limited rails? I would be interested in buying them or trading from my xlt ones.

Also jfire i would be willing to sell my cross bars cause i dont use them.

I looked at getting mine off incase I was going to put up the Yakima rack on there. I don't see how they come off of there, unless you remove the whole rack, rails and all to do it.. I haven't looked closely, just standing on the running board and looking up there. I did move the rails as per the owners manual to reduce wind noise...

A1, it seems like the place where the rails is bolted to the roof is covered by plastic pieces. I yanked on these very hard, and they won't come out. It looks like a 2 piece assembly and the back piece (faces the centerline of the ST) is harder to budge than the outer piece. I wish I knew how to get this off.

The Yakima Low Rider clamps work lke a champ on my '02. Looking at the '07s, it should work fine. That's my plan anyway. I don't recall the length of the crossbar I'm using, but they stick out ~5 inches beyond the rails.

Roof rack's not a Ford accessory, probably just a service item. Regardless, *someone* should know how to take 'em off and put 'em on. If not, a crow bar works jes fine. ;)

Sounds like a project for someone on here...

Pat-

Use a small screw driver to pop off those skull caps. Probably just held in with molded in clips that fit a notch. You can find those tabe with the screwdriver and work them free of the notch as well. Don't be afraid to break it, they are made to come off, after all.

Tiger - YOU THE MAN! I used a screwdriver on the back side of the skull cap and it came right up. Just put up instructions on how to do it...

Instead of using pliers to remove that yellow clip, if yo'uve got a set of wire crimpers with the crimping end at the point of the tool (like <a href="http://www.pinrestore.com/images/Img73.jpg" target="top">these</a>), you can use the crimpers to get under the ridges onto the shaft and pry it out. This helps keep the ridges, which hold it onto the skull cap, intact.

Agreed, Tiger. I actually used needle nose pliers to get under the base of the clip. I added that text and your suggestion as well, to the web page. Thanks!