Newbie here...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickblue

Reaction score
Hello all...

I remember the first time I saw an ST and I liked it immediately. I was looking for a new vehicle for me that my son could drive in three years when he turns 16. I had/have a Dodge Quad Cab and I wasn't very comfortable with him learning with such a large, overpowering vehicle.

My wife was driving into town the other day and noticed a white ST at a local used lot. I know the man that owns it and he is very honest and forthright. She called me and then I contacted him. He said he had it listed on his website at $11,500 but when his wife did the newspaper listings, he had written down the price he paid for it. I went up and took a look and REALLY liked it. The newspaper ad had it at $8,900 and the bank told me it was a great deal so I went for it.

It is a 2002, fully loaded from leather to sunroof, not to mention a tonneau cover. The mileage was slightly high at 120,000 but it was kept too well to be a worry. It seriously looks brand new from the outside. The interior is perfect and surprisingly the leather is uncracked and smooth all the way around.

The only drawback was that the previous owner decided to repaint the dash work and didn't do a great job. That is minor. I really don't like the silver/tan combo so I will likely either cover it in leather or repaint it black. The jury is still out.

I've been looking around on this site and have seen some really helpful hints. I've been a member on various sites for cars I have owned and this one is impressive. The only one that rivals it is the mini-cooper site I used to frequent before I parted with it (well actually that was the wife's car).

Kudos to this site and I look forward to learning from you guys. I am delighted to be back into the Ford fold...

trickblue,

The dash trim is silver from the factory. I also think the silver does not look gopod with the tan, that is why I got the grey interior.

Tom

Oh I know that Tom, but it is obvious that the previous owner repainted it without taking proper steps...

The bezel around the radio/ac has some bubbles and imperfections and the door pulls have the paint worn off...

As I said, that is minor to me as everything else is perfect...

I do wonder about that color combo from Ford, but my wife's Mountaineer is tan/silver as well...

First, welcome to SportTrac's Annonamous. We have a '01 job2 Toreador Red ST and spend way to much time visualizing how our ST will look when all the mods are done. :eek:;)

Second, the door pulls in '01 & '02 were notorious for having the factory paint rub off. Just order some new ones and put some kind of protectant on them. :D

WELCOME !!!!!!

Todd Z

The bezel around the radio/ac has some bubbles and imperfections and the door pulls have the paint worn off...

Like Roger said, this is a factory paint issue. I had it happen on my 03 ST.