NEWEST ADDITION TO THE FAMILY

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one for 5 years. i bought it the second month they were out. All i have to say is if you want to really let the best out of that machine, get a yoshimira full exhaust, change the front sproket to a 12 tooth, you will lose top speed a bit but man what a difference. Also get a K&N air filter. It treated me well of the five years. Gas and oil changes and that is it. never had a problem or anything of that matter. best machine i purchased. I recently traded it in for a yfz 450. i wanted a more race ready machine. this is a great machine as well. yamaha in my eyes is the best. they have the best looking machines out on the market and the quality is top notch.

patrick pierobon

thanks for the insight on the exhaust. i was wondering which one i should get. if i change the front sproket i will want to do the back as well right. i know the three tooth rule. go down one in the front and up 3 on the back right?

you are correct MP. Doing that will give you more torque while still giving you the top end performance. at first i just changed my front and it was a monster to keep down. the thing when taking off would just go straight for the sky. so you had to ease on the gas and then hammer her and watch all other quads fly by you. LOL

with the three tooth in teh back it will reduce that wheelie at the beginning as well.

patrick pierobon

p.s- the yoshi exhaust is also cheaper then other exhausts and gives you better performance.

also best tires to get. RAZR 2 or RAZR 1. By far the best tires you can get for all around driving. Plus they are selling them for a good price now.

Patrick, What do you think/know about White Bros. exhaust? Sorry for jacking the thread. :p Thanks.

white brothers is alright. however its quality issues with tha tproduct. i've seeen one and it was falling apart shortly after a friend of mine purchased it.

hole shots are light tires but soft rubber. will wear out fast.

razrs are slightly bigger and harder rubber. they will not wear out fast plus their side wall grips are more aggressive which suits hard turning situations better.

patrick