Next Performance mod? what next.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Well I have the MAC intake and the Flowmaster exhaust. When Doug gets back from SEMA I am most likely getting his XCAL2. So what should I do next? I was thinking a throttle body from Zabtek, but thought i would pick your brains about what you think I should do (and no I am not getting a surpercharger or nitrous.)

Maybe transmission modification/maintenance?? Stuff like what ToddZ did to his, I think it was larger oil pan and magnet, adjustment of epc valve, and fluid exchange. Then check into engine services too, maybe the check ups that ford does.

Some of what I mentioned aren’t performance mods, but they do help if you want to work on your engine and improve its life. The transmission projects and engine services/checkups I am thinking about doing soon.

change oil and trans fluid over to royal purple fully synthetic. could always do, headers and a new y pipe. i dont know if its worth the work, maybe, changing out the fuel system with a bigger fuel pump, bigger fuel regulatar, um change the injectors. do some internal work, like pistons, rockers, lifters and such. does b&m make a shift kit for our automatics? thats a idea, um electric flex fan, could always do a water pump upgrade. then u got the coil packs. i think thats about all u could do, less u wanted to do a NOS or supercharger deal, less u could figure out a way to mount a turbo on there. but still, would rather want internals before then.

If you want an electric fan, there should be a project in a few days that will show you how to do one for around $120 ;)

Latest posts