Next!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colorado or Canyon, the ST ay have priced themselves out of the market. I won't know until I go to buy another truck.

I don't know that the ST is "priced out of the market". Someone posted a link here a few days ago where you could price a 2007 ST. I decked out a fully loaded Limited 4X2 V8, and it came in around $31K MSRP. That's about what my '04 Adrenalin was stickered at. So I don't think that's too bad for a 2007 considering that's with a V8, auto climate control, steering wheel climate/radio controls, adjustale pedals, class III hitch, and six-pin wiring harness, all things that weren't even available in 2004. And a similarly equipped 2007 4X4 V8 was around $34K. That's not too bad. When you compare the ST to it's competitors, I'd say it's a pretty good bang for the buck.

$ 34K for an 07 SPort Trac 4x4 is $ 2K more than my brother and Dad payed for fully loaded Avalanches Z71's last year. Ignoring the Avalanche boobirds and realizing that it drives better, hauls more, has more interior space and more options, does that seem reasonable?

My fully loaded 2002 2wd was out the door at $ 23,700 and a 4x4 was available for another $ 1500. Five years later, even given the product improvements, is an $ 8k price increase not enough to price it out of the reach of the buyers who are traditional SportTrac buyers? I think it does, others may not, but that is a HUGE price increase. Granted it is a HUGELY improved truck, but does it serve the same segment as the original design? I am thinking that the product is changing along the lines of T-Birds and Nissan Z cars. It started out a bargain and then got old, slow, boring and fat. Come to think of it so did T-Bird and Z car buyers. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The only SUV that really interests me at the moment is the new Toyota FJ Cruiser. I'm planning on keeping my Sport Trac for a while though.

Caasey B, the new 07 Tundra is up on the Toyota.com website for viewing.

ive heard rumors that ford did not kill the 6.2 hurricane motor, with close to 400hp, so if thats true my next truck would definatly be an f 150 with that motor

too far down the road to make that decision...if fuel keeps going up, probably smaller and lighter suv...

563945a29507fd2245e5944a5386a386.jpg

Toyota FJ Cruiser :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: