Nitrous kit??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry spilled the "secret". Mine's not done yet, it will be dynotuned within the month and I hope to have some nice graphs to show. Just FYI, I'm sitting over $2k invested so far into the nitrous kit, because I'd rather do it right than blow something up. I'm running a NX Ford EFI Stage 1 kit, as Larry stated. I have an automatic bottle heater that works on bottle pressure, a dual purge kit, a digital RPM window switch, fuel pressure and nitrous pressure gauges in the engine bay (for looks and during dyno runs) and my wideband O2 gauge showed up today, as did my new fuel pump I doubt you would have a safe kit with less than $1000 dropped into it, and even then it would only be safe on a low shot.

I've done just about every performance mod that can be done to the ST, and the next step was supercharger or nitrous. I chose nitrous so that I could still have a nice daily driver when I wanted without the supercharger whine (though plans for that is now in the works). IMO, do not get the nitrous until you are out of performance mods to do, as you will not get the full benefit.

Not a secret per say, just didn't want to hear everyone telling me to buy something fast or that I'm gonna blow something up...

Hmmmmm..... LS1 throttle body mod ?????

Thanks for the info. By the way I am new to the site and I love it. I purchased a 2002 ST a few months ago for basically a project. I have used a dry NOS system before on my 5.0 mustang and it was by far the best bang for the buck ($425). Nitrous is very safe when used as directed by the manufacture. What gets people in trouble with NOS is when they become a nitrous junkie and keep adding larger pills to see how fast they can go. For those that say just buy a sports car -Lets see that sports car pull my 21 ft boat or load up 30 bags of mulch. VERSATLITY!!!

"I've done just about every performance mod that can be done to the ST"

lol, man, good thing I wasn't drinking when I read that, or I'd have to clean Code Red outta my laptop. Just curious, how many times has the engine been opened up? None? You've only been scratching the surface of performance mods. You've done "everything" that is readily available, maybe, but far from "everything"; even with the cheater juice.

Excuse me, bolt on performance mod. Tiger, do you know of anything else I can do besides a supercharger? Forged bottom end is coming in the spring, and I'm not planning to bore it out take the engine out of the vehicle. You're right, I have just scratched the surface, and with the 4.0 Mustang stuff finally showing up, I'm sure there'll be more in the future, but for now, I have done every bolt on performance mod available.

That's exactly what I said, "available".

Bolt-on performance? Where'd you get that from? I had no performance anything on my ST, and the only performance anything on the Ranger is the air filter I got from Todd in L-ville. I know you're not talking about the V8 in the '66.

There are tons of things you <i>could</i> do, most of which doesn't require new parts. Ever hear of a machine shop? Triple ground valves? Port and polish? Blueprinting? None require new parts. It's not like performance stuff begins and ends with what you can buy off the internet.

That's all I'm saying. There is a whole plethora of modifications that could be done, so claiming "everything" is a bit of a far stretch. Even with stuff that is out there, like forged internals, roller rockers, new cams, etc, you're still missing alot.