No chrome on the 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
Today I was followed by a 2007 ST. Fooled me at first because it has chrome grill.

Question: Can you get the black grill on the '07 as an option?

I hate chrome and that is one of the reasons I got the ST...no chrome on it except the badge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an option, you gotta get the Chrome. Sounds like someone already had their painted. It was pretty ugly and tok a LONG time to grow on me.

If you want an '07 and you can wait until the Explorer Ironman version comes out, then you can buy one of it's grills as a replacement.

7b2fb85b57d3abb8c9746108aadca7f6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At this time their is no option for anyting but the chrome grill.

Myshelf I love the chrome and wish they would add chrome bumpers. I feel that the best looking Explorers had the chrome bumpers. ( Note: back then the Explorer where the BEST selling SUV almost double of todays sales )

the ironman black grill looks uglier than the chrome one.

and i didnt think the new design of the explorer and sport trac could get any uglier

man did ford mess up a good thing!!!!!!

paul h

Gee, wlukus, you had to go and remind us of that sad fact....I am truly ashamed of the Ford brand for letting things get out of hand, and for so long now they have bubbled in that quagmire. They should have seen it coming long before now. I know that young Bill is trying to fix things up there but he has to let some others do a little thinking, too. I don't have a true answer for their lowered demise, but there are things that they could have done to prevent such a slide in sales, especially with the Explorer. And suddenly the F150 is starting to slide in sales also. Where will it stop? OBTW, that little thing about Toyo outselling them by less than a thousand units is no biggie to me, but what took Toyo so long to get there since they are "so much better" in a lot of people's minds. FACT: The new Camry looks really good, but not enough for me to bypass another chance to get a new ST and let my 01 ST sit for a while. JMO, ya'll have a good 'un! ;)