No dash lights and no fogs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys.....well another issue reared it's nasty head again tonight on my way home. I didn't notice them go out but I did notice the dash lights were out when I hit the road. When I got home I noticed that the fog lights were not working either. Even the lights for the 4x4 and ac/heater controls are out. Any ideas? I didn't get a chance to check the fuses just yet since the weather is bad out and well its almost 4am here lol. Other then the fuses could it be the switch itself?

Took a bit to find but I did blow a fuse....hope this one doesn't blow I'm all outta fuses!

Did you happen to notice if the tail light were out too? Usually, the manufacturers tie the tail lights and the dash light to the same fuse. They do this because you usually notice your dash light are out before you notice (or someone finally tells you) your tail lights are out.

I have no idea if they were out or not. I drove home quick as I could last night:driving:...mind you I had a cop behind me for a while, but didn't pull me over:banana: So I guess I could assume they were working.:haveabeer:

Well tonight when I got into the truck the lights were out again....I had picked up a set of fuses on the way to work today just in case. Well as soon as I replaced the fuse and turned on the headlight switch the fuse blew :angry: SO I replaced it with one just a bit higher and well it blew as well:fire: I'm at a loss at how to fix this....Someone please shoot me some ideas! I have the fogs with high beams mod and nothing much more. Oh and I have the driver side headlight out now as well :smack:

Craig,

Do you have a trailer light pigtail connector? I had this happen to my F250 and the pigtail for the 4 pin connector under the bumper had rubbed agains a metal bolt causing it to short out. Lost dash lights and running lights, and tail lights when it happened. Still had headlights as they are on a separate circuit.

If nothing else, its a starting point.

Well the trailer plug was corroded but not too bad. I did cut it off but it didn't solve the fuse blowing issue. I have a wiring diagram coming from my brother out in BC. There is a couple ways of testing to see where a short may be but I just don't have the time until Wednesday.

Latest posts