No dome light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Block

Reaction score

03 ST. The dome light does not work when the doors are opened and or when the remote unlock is used. Console lights work with the switches and the rear lights work with switches.

Have not check fuses yet, but is there a separate fuse for dome lights when the doors are opened?

Thanks

make sure your dashlite dimer switch is not rolled all the way down and clicked to the off position...

Does it not work with all 4 doors?? Spray some lube in the lock on the door, Not the key hole, but where the striker goes. The switch is in there, One of them may be frozen or dirty..

Than open and close the door several time each...

Todd Z

You will still get dash lights even when the switch is rolled all the way down. A few years back GM got sued as someone turned off their dash lights. Did not know his speed, got in an accident and sued GM.

Since then, you can NOT turn off your lights. Built in for safety...

So double check it just in case.

Insert foot in mouth.

Actually the instrument dimmer wheel was right at the detent between full bright and full on. Probably when my daughter drove it, she must have hit the wheel just right. You have to try really hard to get it to stay in that position.

Foot did not taste good. :)

Thanks all.

Coastie, if I turn my dimmer down, my gauges will go out. It's good because I have very sensitive eyes and night driving is easier on me with dimmed gauges. Oh, and I'm not talkin about the aftermarket gauges installed, my factory gauges dim.

Latest posts