*not running* Loaded 01 ST 4x4 134k - $800 MIA - Custom system, new tires, addons

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan DiMassa 2

Reaction score
Hi all, I just posted thanking every1 on here for 8 great years and not sure what to do with my paper weight.

But figured I'd try selling it here for parts, rebuild whatever. I can part it out if need be.

Its in Miami I have title and a coupon for Rock Auto long block if it needs new engine approx $1900

But is loaded, pretty clean and has:

Custom system. 2 amps, 3 bass shakers and 1 custom fiberglass box behind seats.

New tires

Hard Tonneau cover

New locking roof rack

Unripped interior. Satellite radio and window Navi unit.

Silver paint - one body fault spot in back covered by sticker

Cold AC

New 2" tow ball

The one scrapper I called said he will give me $600.

Im up for any ideas and maybe part swapping too. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you dare scrap it !!! If you wanna get rid of it for $600 I know there's tons of members on here that'll jump on that deal, me included. Not sure how I'd get the money together for it and transporting it back here but damn that would be the Best Black Friday deal I've ever seen even if the motor is shot !!!

You could part that truck out and easily get over $4k for the parts. I'd put it on eBay for $5k and list everything that's new as well as what it needs (motor). That's if you don't give it away on here. Damn I wish I had the money for that. :banghead:

Please let me know what the best offer you get is, I might be interested.

If you decide to part it out please, please let my know although I'd hate to see that. The Trac doesn't look like it's in too bad a shape.

Pete

DANG!! If I had room for another project... :cry:

Have you thought of having a used motor installed?

Had a friend who owned an 87 Chevy truck. Threw a rod. He made arrangements with a local shop to install a used engine, and then sell the truck and split the profit. (Less their shop labor and cost of engine) IIRC, he had offers of 300-400 for the truck with a blown engine, but ended up getting about $900 after the sale and split profit. In this case, there was no cost out of his pocket for the used engine or labor...

Great idea Dave never thought of that!

Pics are coming - was away for holidays, have no internet at home and Govt' job wont let me upload.

I deserve the yellow flag for delay of pics. Thanks again for helps gents!