Noticed a difference in '03 & '04 stock tailpipe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Yesterday I was looking at an '03 trac with stock exhaust. Mine is an '04. My stock tailpipe is one peice and the tip end, is dull and rough. The '03 looks exact except, polished and shiney. When I looked under the '03, the tip was a welded on polished stainless tip.

I guess in '04 ford decided the save $$. They did away with the polished tip. Can anyone confirm this?

The reason I post this is. A while back I couldnt understand why one of our members, wanted a stock tip. All I knew was my '04 was dull rough and ugly.

Who ever that member was. I apologize for arguing with him about a factory tip. Didnt know they existed..Learned something about trac changes yesterday..:lol:

Before I went with magna-flo cat back. I was looking at a tip to weld on my stock tailpipe. As much of the stock taipipe sticks out. Mine was very ugly, seriously.

My 02 has the super shiny spiffy stock exhaust end as part of the package, as I've also got the leather and the moonroof and the subwoofer, so I guess that would be XLT for later years.

The 03 that was had for a few days before the 02 had the fugly rusty stock tip :(

Must be something that was part of a package. I have seen other stock tracs that the tailpipe tip was polished. My trac is an '04 xlt prm. The tailpipe tip looked like crap.

My 03 has the crappy exhaust tip.

2 other 03's in my company parking lot have the brushed SST one.

1 02 has the same as mine.

Our parking lot looks like a mini-meet some days with 5 ST's

My 2003 xlt has the brushed stainless steel shiny tip. It's not chrome plated shiny, but it never rusts and cleans up pretty good.

Our parking lot looks like a mini-meet some days with 5 ST's

Awesome. You need some website cards my friend.

I worked at a place where three of us owned STs. One was a 2002, one was a 2007, and mine is a 2003. When we all parked together it looked cool. :cool:

But back to the point of the thread, Maybe it was included in the XLT package for late 2002/early 2003's only?

Last edited by a moderator: