O/D light Flashing yayyy :(...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK II

Reaction score
Well my tranny is slipping and my O/D light is flashing... The weird thing is that right after I changed back to my 93 octane tune it happened. It was fine right before that. I'm gonna try to get it to Ford soon but ehh I might be screwed.

Yeah, you're screwed...those 23's not lookin so nice now, eh?

For reals though, hopefully ti' sjust some small, inexpensive and external, part. But with a slip...doesn't sound so good.

I feel ya John... With me it happened right after i flashed it back to stock.(this was at 50k miles) Ford handeled me pretty good. Only bad thing is baing without a car to get around! it gets hard!

Go back to another tune... If that is fine, then it is NOT the tranny, and something went wrong with the re flash... May need a new tune..

Todd Z

I know our trannys are problems...but is it just me or is there a wave recently of O/D lights flashing.... if mines gonna do it again, better be soon. Only have about 2,300 miles left on the warranty!! (but i've already had it and had an epc solenoid swapped out at 14,000)

I talked to Wayne and he said sometimes that may happen.. Disconnected the battery right now and I may change it to a diff. tune so we'll see what happens.

This is not good news. Sorry to hear it JK2. I hope things turn out fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I reconnected the battery. I took for a drive for 10 mins around the area.. So far so good. I'll have to see how it does the next few days. Hopefully it was just a kink needed to work itself out..

Ryan-

Yes, I've noticed that too. With the Tracs as a whole getting older and getting more miles on them, we'll start to see more of these types of more often.

this od thing comes in spurts all is fine for a while then boom tons of od post. Thankfully mine is doing fine hope all works out. i have gone back and forth from reg & prem tunes with no problem other than a blown fuse on my obd port once.I :wub: MY ST

projects section.....

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/epc/epc.html

I know if I switch my chip from program to the stock set-up, my tranny will slip. Disconnecting the battery will fix the problem.

The Trac's have an adaptive learning program that will shift according to how you drive. If you drive soft, it will shift soft. Drive it hard and it will shift harder.

Tom

I might have actually switched to stock now instead of the 93. My speedo on the Pioneer screen is off by 3 mph so I'm gonna switch it again tonite.

Last edited by a moderator: