O/D switch went out again!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat Deegan

Reaction score
I think my O/D swtich went out again:angry:. when i push the button, nothing. the O/D off indicator wouldn't even turn on. does this happen often to anybody? first time cost me 160 bucks and i'm wondering if i could just do it myself. where can i buy shifter lever and how hard would it be to install?

thanks

mat

would this work on '01 ST

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you constantly take the O/d off or something that is causing it to fail so soon ???

Todd Z

Mat, can you feel the tranny downshift when you push the button in? If you do, it might be just the bulb inside the switch. I had to replace the shifter lever on my old van with a used one, I found the bulb was out in that one and had to change the bulb from my old one.

Gary D. in CT

Have someone stand behind your vehicle and put it in reverse. Do the lights light up?

If not, the problem is a fuse.

Tom

Todd, yes i constantly take the O/D off because i tow my quads out to the desert about 3 times a week and since i have larger tires i constantly like lose power up hill. may be i should re-gear my truck soon.

Gary, when i push the button, the tranny doesn't downshift at all.

Caymen, i'll try that but where is the O/D fuse located. is it at the driver side panel?

thank

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! YEAH!!!!! I found a broken fuse (#27) and replace it. Now, both O/D and back-up lights work. thank you all. you guys save me bunch of money :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts