O N0-NEW PROBLEM EACH DAY

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
as many of you know, i had my 4wd module replaced BY FORD in october because it wouldnt engage...all worked fine till today. I go to engage it and no go! i turn the truck off and back to start, the lights dont go on again...same exact as last time...When i switch to 4wd sometimes i hear the module click and sometimes not...then i get home, and it works, shut the truck off, and it wont work again...i called the dealer today-goes in thursday morning again! :angry: Service manager said it sounds like 4wd module again, which is still covered under the ford 12 month/12,000 warranty- that better be what it is....Pretty sad if a new 4wd module dealer installed can only last 3,000 miles...????

I think im going to call ford corporate and complain about this truck!

What are your opinions?

Thanks

Andy

how much will a new motor cost??? I have absolutely no money left to throw into this thing? What would have caused the motor to breaK?

If its the module, its a free fix under the warranty...if not, im screwed cuz ill b payin diagnostic and parts..

Thanks

Andy

PS, i did call Ford Corporate, and i filed a huge complaint about the truck...i actually went completely ballistic...i really dont think ill ever buy another ford...i get the z plan, but its not even worth it, cuz i pay out more to keep it moving than i get off as a discount..:eek:

Good luck getting any sympathy from the corporate people. I complained to them about my paint several times, they could care less. No more Fords for me as well.

Andy,

The shift motor LISTS for $224.97. Doesn't mean you'll pay that much, but that's what they list for.

They go bad from non-usage. I use my 4x4 quite often, and mine went bad also. So now I shift it into 4wd as often as I can, just to activate the motor. In fact, I think I'll go put it into 4wd right now while I go get a super burrito! :rolleyes:

I'm sure that if your shift motor was bad, it would show up when they pulled the codes from your rig's computer. I know mine did when it went bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

I know how you feel. I sold my Trac late last year because I was having all kinds of problems with the rear end. (I like the site though, which is why I keep coming back). I drive a Toyota now. (Anyway that wants to claim that I have betrayed America, bring it on).

Not me, MTURocks... I bought a Toyota 2.5 years ago and can't be happier :) Don't even know the service manager's name at the Toyota dealership... he must feel like the old Maytag repairman lol.