O.T.: Pet Rules (humor)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PET RULES

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less

2. Don't ask for money all the time

3 Are easier to train

4. Normally come when called

5. Never ask to drive the car

6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends

7. Don't smoke or drink

8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions

9. Don't want to wear your clothes

10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.

Well, if my pets could read this may be some help. But, knowing them the way I do, I am sure even if they did read this they would simply flip me the paw.....

I could have written that because it is true around here. We have two cats or they have us. One of our cats is a Munchkin. Look it up on Google images. Ours is not deformed looking like some are. He is registered but he don't know it. If he thought he was special I could not stand him. The other cat just showed up and decided to stay, We have three cat doors for them, probably in hopes that they will leave to stay with someone else.

actually I beg to differ with:

6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends

Our 2 male cats like to hang outdoors with the neighbor's cats, rolling around in the catnip.

While this substance may not deemed an illegal substance by the federal government, I guarantee our cats are as high as many drug users after an afternoon roll in the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will hang it at nose height on the frig, but thankfully they can't read it...and I think one of them can read better than I can. We have three dogs who graciously allow us to live with them as long as we continue to buy food, and insure their every comfort. Any effort to upset this arrangement may result in severe disiplinary action...I cannot take another night of sleeping in the doghouse.

Funny stuff ! :lol::lol::lol:

...Rich

Latest posts