OBD II Data Port Covers, who wants them??? (Picture In Post).

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Someone mentioned these the other day and I have gotten a hand full of emails. Sooo, thought I'd put the offer out there and order up what ever is needed.

This is nothing more than a cover for the OBD II connection Port. It will keep out dirt and water as well as make for a more cleaner appearance in the dash area.

I'll be glad to take Check, Money Order or Paypal.

The cover plus freight will be $6.47. If you would like two the total will be $11.02.

I am making a very SMALL amount of money on these, not enough to cover the charge from Paypal. If you pay via Paypal I would appreciate it if you would add .30 cents so I don't lose money. If you feel I am out of line asking then simply pay the regular price and don't worry about it.

Please e-mail me or let me know here if you are interested.

PS. These will fit ANY OBD II connector Port. This is the version that does NOT have the metal pins in the cover, therefore they are safe for any and all models.

[Broken External Image]:

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!

Yup,

Sent you mail..

Thanks

Todd Z

That was my first *upgrade* for my 'Trac when I bought her in 2001, Kevin was selling a bunch of OBDII covers, that little plastic cover was the start of my modding frenzy,:wub: I havn't slowed down yet.....so it is Kevin's fault...I can't stop myself.....Next Mod is adding lights to the bed of my 'Trac that will come on when I use the Fob.

Have a good one

Bob[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that paid or emailed me I will place the order on Monday and add about ten to it to cover any late requests.

Thanks...

No one is too late.

Going to place the order on Monday and add 15 to the order to cover the late wanters...

Anyone that pays before Monday's order will get on for sure. After that, first come first serve until I sell them all.

I can get more with no problem. I do this about three times a year with these covers...

Still a go for tomorrow morning. As I mentioned I'll order extras for the late comers.

Once ordered, I'll repost to give you a heads up on when I should get them and be able to ship out the Covers that have been paid for.

Ordered them. They had only 2 in stock. I'll get them Wednesday they think. If so, within a day or so from there I'll have them shipped for those that have paid.

I ordered 43 of them...

parts are in...

Picking them up on my way into he airport today. I'll be gone for two days. While I am gone I will prepare the labels. Print them out late Friday or early Saturday and get them in the mail Saturday mid-day.

Anyone that has not paid but said they have sent money or are waiting I did order yours in advance.

I have 18 extra right now.

So they are still available if you would like one....

Hijack,,,,,, In my profession that word is a big no no....

I got your money. Will be glad to send one to you.

14 left.....

What's an OBD II Data Port and why do I need one?

Is this where diagnostic codes and stuff are read from the 'puter?

And how come Ford doesn't cover it? Don't they listen to people on this site? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR, in this case it is nothing more than the cover for the diagnostic plug. It just makes for a cleaner appearance as well as keeps dirt/moisture out of the area.

Ford has never put them in the Trac. In fact, almost never put them on anything. There are a few styles out there. GM had a style the has a metal connection in it that completed a link for the fuel pump. If the fuse or relay failed you had something similar to what the ECM does when it put the vehicle into "Limp" mode. Not the same thing, but close.

Problem was. People would install these on various vehicles and fry the ECM in some cases as it connected incorrect wires on later model vehicles.

This style is entirely plastic and connects nothing.

Q, Since being a member here I have done this about twice a year. People want them for the above mentioned reason. You may express no interest, that is fine. I order 40 at a time if that is any indication.....

I get to make an entire dollar on the sale for the leg work, getting the padded envelopes, printing and putting on the labels, and the postage. Sorry if that is too high of a percentage for you.

Have a better day....

I have 12 left....