OBD II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Skinner

Reaction score
Does anyone have information about a site called Manuals Unlimited,

http://www.manualsunlimited.com/index.php

I was thinking of purchasing a scanner and manual but I am not sure if there is any value in this site.

My other problem is if they are a good deal they do not have the scanner or manual for my 2002 Sport Trac. The oldest they have for Sport Trac is 2003. I am wondering if there is much difference in the 2002 and the 2003.

Thanks

If you just need a scanner, just borrow the one at Autozone (or similar place). Another option is the Xcal2 as it can do many other things on top of scanning the code (can clear the code and datalog, plus get an awesome tune for your vehicle).

I got one of the generic OBDII scanners on ebay for about $40 and it came with a book of codes that I found to be quite extensive. I know that it is not nearly as good as the ones used by a dealer or service station but my thought was even if it worked just once for me it would be worth it. Any place around here will charge you atleast $70 just to hook a diagnostic up to it. I have not used it on one of my own vehicles yet but have let two friends and my brother use it and it worked for all three. They got code(s) referenced the code book and then did research online for the problem/fixes. In all three cases they were able to fix the problem themselves and the best part is you can clear the Check Engine Light. The generic OBDII reader will work on almost all vehicles from 1996 to 2005 I believe. Prior to 1996 they were OBDI and I think 2006-2007 they swapped over to a new system.