Off Road Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Sacco

Reaction score
I am wanting to install some off-road lights on my cargo rack. I've seen some of you with them like that, or on a crossbar. My question is, how did you route the wire through the roof into the cab. Just looking for some ideas for a clean install.

Thanks!

Badger,

Here is my setup. Todd did the install with me and we ran the wires from under the hood up the outside window trim. Very clean install and looks very professional. There are more pictures in my library.

George

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

hey george any noise going down the highway from all that stuff up there? byt it looks very impressive. you done good!

No leakage. There is space under the trim and weatherstripping for the wire and then the glass has it own seal. The trim is just stuck on and not glued and once you move some of the trim away you will see.

George

I had my windshield replaced. Where George is routing the wires is attached to the windshield and not stuck to the trac. There is plenty of sealent used past that to seal out mosture.

Looks good George!