Off-road Upgrades...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon Karrde

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie (to posting anyways), however I've done my research I'm just looking for some thoughts, maybe few answers to questions. I have a 2003 4x4 ST with just under 30k on it, and I'm thinkin it's time to do some upgrades. I do Light-to-Moderate off-road in the summer and hell of a lot snow in the winter. I've watched and sifted through boards for the last two years or so and this is what I've come up with for upgrades. I'm hoping to do these all at once over a long weekend.

PA 3" Body Lift

TT/Shackle

33 x 12.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo

15x8/3.75" Mickey Thompson Classic II's or Pro Comp Alloy 1069 Rims

Rancho Shocks (RS9000X)

EE Swaybar

Gas Tank Skidplate

And when finished and leveled I'll have to take it in to get things balanced/alligned, but did I miss anything? Any suggestions? Three quick questions on this setup too:

1) Some posts suggested the 15x8/3.75" rims might not work on a 2003. Is this true?

2) Does anybody have the in cab adjuster for the Rancho Shocks installed? Is it worth the money to get it?

3) I've sifted through the projects as well, but all in all what's the skill level involved here? or should I just get a shop to do it for warranty sake? I'd like to save the installation costs, I've got some light mechanical background (regular maintenance, etc.) and a brother-in-law who fully restores classics (inside and out), not quite 4x4 upgrades, but should work.

Thanx for any thoughts,

Patrick

do a TT/SL will give you a 1.5" lift suspension and you can clear a 285 75 16 on stock rims

as for the 9000 not worth it to me the rancho RSX'S are what i have and many others have they work well.

I have the TT/SL with 265 75 16 tires 31"x10"

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Mike - A grill guard crossed my mind, will I however have to prefab some brackets for installation as the lift will throw the normal brackets off?

Latest posts