Off Topic - Terrorist Virus ware

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! Suddenly my computer is infected since last night. It is very difficult to remove. It is called PERSONAL ANTIVIRUS. It is basically demanding Sixty dollars from the computer owner to buy their product. Otherwise it will run smooth running of computer. My computer is protected by AVG antivirus software. AVG do not show any problem. I have run AVG twice.

Example = W32.SillyFDC.BAZ is a worm that spreads by copying itself to removable hard drives and steal information.

Any suggestions whom to contact to report these criminals. With thanks.

Reporting them will do no good..

That was know as the extortion virus a while back.......

P.S There is a home computer category..

Todd Z

I got that a few years ago.

Its a difficult to remove bastard.

If I ever got my hands around the neck of the prick that wrote it...

Personal Anti-Virus is one of many "rogue" anti-virus programs. It gets installed by you clicking on something that usually looks like a Microsoft pop-up for a windows update. They go to great lengths to try and make it appear that it is a legitimate Microsoft download. You have actually allowed it onto your PC, that is why AVG did not pick it up. Once installed, it usually cripples your anti-virus and many other removal programs, so that it cannot be removed. Go Google "Personal Anti-virus removal" and read some of the sites. It can be quite simple or very difficult to remove. Do not buy any programs or use any programs that claim they will fix it..... don't waste your $$$. In the future be very careful about what you click on, if there is a "yes" and "No" box, just try and use the "X" in the corner to close the dialogue box......sometimes even no means yes to these slimeballs! I don't know why these idiots are allowed to use this "gorilla" marketing tactic.... What you see running showing you how infected your PC is, is not even your PC, it is just a script running, trying to scare you into parting with your $$..

One thing you can do to prevent this is...

If you get a pop up window, do an Cntl/Alt/Delete, when the options open, click on START TASK MANAGER. Then choose your browser and END PROGRAM from there. This way the program shuts down and you click on nothing.