OH DEER 2!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Kyer

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Track back after the whole deer incident. Looks good as new. The bad thing is they told me I cant wax it until Sept 1st. What will I do with all that spare time now??

Post pics of the repair.....

Todd Z

Hope it went well. My wife just took out a deer with the Cooper S. The Mini should be done this week.

She's now considering something larger.

You got it Todd. As soon as Im done slackin at work..I'll post the before and after....but that will only take a couple minutes....then what? he he

I had to chase two deer from my back yard last week up at my vacation house in Pebble Beach. I wish I had thought to take some pictures before I shooed them through the gate.

I have had some friends at repair shops over the years that have had several vehicles in for deer repair that had the whistles on the front so ........

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always considered deer whistles simply a "lucky rabbits foot". For everyone that swears by them I have heard people that bunk them. I have driven with them before and never seen deer run away as I drive by, which is one of the claims.

But, I don't have a collision shop either and all that empirical data.

Personally, I would recommend a deer permit, a gun rack with shotgun, and buck lure on the grill. Given my luck that combination would GUARANTEE that the deer run away!

TJR