Ok, enrage again but different

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2004 sport trac that I refuse to let go. Recently my embrace froze, and here in MA our inspections won’t allow that. I replaced all of the cables but I absolutely can not find an equalizer to attach the rear passenger side cable to the intermediate cable. Ford calls the part “obsolete”. Any leads on an equalizer that will fit? Can I make one? Help.

Welcome! "Embrace" meaning e-brake? If so, it's another reason to call it a parking brake because that's what it's function is and what Ford describes it as. Think you're correct as most of those parts show discontinued.
https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...trac--xlt--4-0l-v6-flex/brakes--parking-brake
Unless you can find a usable part at a salvage yard maybe there's something aftermarket that may work. Good luck!
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2004,explorer+sport+trac,4.0l+v6,1427789,brake+&+wheel+hub

Did you lose the original one?
If you still have it, can you clean it up with a wire wheel or something?
I can't even find a picture of one online. Are they the same throughout gen1 (01-05)? If so, I will crawl under my truck and see if they can be easily fabricated.
If you can't find one I would be willing to call around the junk yards in my area and see if I can find one for you. Of course, it would be for the cost of the part plus shipping, but I would ask nothing for myself as I have been wanting to check the yards for parts that I can rebuild and use anyway.

^ THAT IS JUST TOO COOL. Good man.

Did you lose the original one?
If you still have it, can you clean it up with a wire wheel or something?
I can't even find a picture of one online. Are they the same throughout gen1 (01-05)? If so, I will crawl under my truck and see if they can be easily fabricated.
If you can't find one I would be willing to call around the junk yards in my area and see if I can find one for you. Of course, it would be for the cost of the part plus shipping, but I would ask nothing for myself as I have been wanting to check the yards for parts that I can rebuild and use anyway.
Oh wow! Above and beyond. I just saw an 04 driving drown the street. I flagged him down and was able to snap a pic of this. Looks easy enough to fab. Sadly the one that came off of my truck was rusted way too much to salvage. It was so bad that I couldn’t even get a clear understanding of its shape. This is the pic I was able to snap today.

Attachments

• 1A41308A-CBB9-4ACE-B056-06582A475014.jpeg
    1A41308A-CBB9-4ACE-B056-06582A475014.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 105
Here's a pic of mine (01)...
20210519_132803.jpg
Looks different.
I'll make some phone calls and see what's around the area.

Yours does look like a few I found online yesterday that were for mustangs.

I think I might have found a gold mine about 12 miles away. They have an 01, 02, 03 and 04 in their yard. I can't make it out there today, they close soon and I have to pick my son up from work. Might be able to go tomorrow if I can get back from Orlando in time. Probably will have to go on Friday though.

That 04's rear end might be coming home with me for a rebuild project, if it still has one.

'04 and '05 is different. Ford switched to rear disc brakes. The E-Brake is shoes inside the rotor top hat.

Made it out to the scrap yard today. The '04 was a gutted husk but I did manage to score this...
20210521_132850.jpg
Now I just need your address and how fast you want it.

Have not heard back from you. Still want this? I can mail it out after lunch tomorrow if you can get back to me in time.

Just got one. I'll mail it out after lunch today.

Post office says the address you sent me does not exist. Please confirm the address.

Hey Spinning! What's up? You get that parking brake working yet?

Latest posts