OK...HELP ME PICK ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Thurau

Reaction score
Need some help.... :unsure: as far as cold air intakes, what does the club prefer ? :blink:

MAC

K & N

AEM

TY IN ADVANCE, DOUG

Since all are similar in price anymore, it really is a matter of personal preference. I like K&N, only because my intake tube had a factory defect and they sent out a replacement within a day or two.

Check out the project on the intake made from PVC piping and dryer ducts, seriously!

If you are wanting performance, and not an underhood show vehicle, this might be something you want to check out!:)

Ebay "25 bucks special".......some intakes on e-bay can be bought for $25 bucks and look almost the same as the MAC intakes. Since the ST engine is not a performance engine a such intake systems from e-bay actually provide the same "performance" as the high cost K&N, MAC or AEM. Do a search here on this site. Many members have gone with the "ebay special" There's even a project about how to install such e-bay intakes.

I bought a 3 inch 90 degree flanged elbow from an r.v. place and a 3.5 inch A.E. M. dry filter. The setup cost me about 60 dollars. You don't have to oil this filter. As far as looks go get some plastic paint and it looks good. I also bought some vinyl and velcro and made my own outside air intake [Broken External Image]: _Ron