Old post response

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
Old post hoping to restart a conversation.

I first replied to this post, originally from 2005, but apparently the post are listed only by the date when they were started so I doubted that anyone would ever see this if I didnt' do a new one. So I just cut and pasted my reply into a new one.

I am a Deputy Sheriff in a very rural area and we routinely use our POV to respond to incidents. Best way to put it is that around here there is no such thing as off duty as there are so few officers to cover such a large area. We are routinely called out to back-up the on duty officers and for some reason I am always finding myself in the right place at the right time to be part of an incident (or maybe that should be the wrong place at the wrong time) My last truck I just have a couple of dash strobes but looking to do more with my ST as my intentions are to keep it for several years with any luck. Anyway was just wondering about how any other public safety folks have set up their ST's with warning lights, radio's etc. It may be a bit before I start doing some of this as there are some other accessories I want to by first. However, I should very soon mount a radio in it and will just throw my single dash strobe in for now.

firedog, you can go into the "preferences" and set it so that it shows the posts based on their latest reponse instead of when they were started. I like it better that way, as it keeps the posts that are active near the top.