Opinions of K&N air filter for 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had enough of a difference to notice on my 04. but it was the whole intake not just the filter. the gas milage difference was definitely noticable at first but then i put bigger tires on so it went back down. I noticed the most difference in performance when it was really cold outside. obviously because the air going in the engine was colder. but when it was mid twenties outside it would spin the tires like crazy. not so much on warm sprind days

I put a K&N replacement filter in the 4.0 Ranger I used to have. I didn't see any difference in mpg or performance.

I have an '07, don't know which engine you have but I have the 4.6 and have one of Todd Z's TB's on it and when I added the K&N 77 series intake it explodes on the top end and jumps on the bottom end. I haven't noticed any mpg difference yet but have not run a full tank through it yet. I noticed one of your earlier responses suggested you wait on Todd Z as he is developing a new intake for the '07 and this it true. I talked with him about it yesterday and unless your just run over with the gotta haves I think it would be worth the wait to see what he comes up with.

No matter what system you end up with consider replacing the K & N element with a synthetic dry filter from AEM. They filter out dirt better and they don't require oil, your mass air flow sensor will love you. There is a link to AEM on my website.