Opinions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several good options, all better than stock. Popular with members here are Monroe Reflex, Monroe Sensatrac, Rancho RSX and a few others. I have the Rancho RSX; put them on at 2,400 miles, now have 55,xxx on my '04. Good shocks make a tremendous difference in handling and control. Some feel that the RSX's and Reflex's are a bit stiff; but I like a truck-like ride for a truck. For towing and any heavy hauling, you will appreciate the stiffer shock.

Sensa Tracs at Sears are a good deal for the money, that's what I have. Originally I ordered a set of Pro Comp ES9000's but they were missing a number of small parts, a common complaint, and one front shock was obviously defective so I sent them back. Had a shop put them on they may well have not noticed and installed the defective shock.

Monroe Reflexes are a little stiffer and cost more. All depends what you want.

Rancho RSX - Right now they are Buy 3 get the 4th Free at Sams Offroad. Can't go wrong.

Just ordered a set last week based on the feedback I got from people on this forum... they love them!

Cheers

Whit

I have Sensa Tracs from Sears as well. Not a bad shock for the money. Very noticeable difference in handling, especially when combined with new sway bars.

As for the search Nazi's, pay no mind. As stonemiser mentioned, many of us don't mind. :)

Latest posts