Ordered LTD. today with electric rear window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
Went to a dealer today, he had a Dk. Cherry already ordered for their lot in his system, so I asked him to try and make some changes and try to order the rear window, it wouldn't let him add it on that one, so he put in an order in the system as a retail order for me and it was available on a customer order with my name on it. I had him order the white, but I am torn between the white and dark cherry. He told me he could make color changes up to 3 weeks from the original order, so I'm gonna try to find a white LTD in my area, just to see how the white looks. One dealer here has a dark cherry LTD that I did get to see and drive, but I'm not sure on the color. It's such a dilema, or maybe I'm too indecisive. I just want to get it right. Any ideas while I ponder?

Can you say "Two-tone"?:D ........sorry.

Personally, I like a darker color and I think it's so I don't have to wash it as often. But to each his own. Yeah, I'd go cherry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you. I can't decide between Dk Cherry, White or Silver with an occasional though of blue in there. As for ease of maintenance, the lighter colors are much easier to keep looking good. I've had white, silver and black. Will never own black again. Looks great for about 10 minutes and then shows everything immediately. White keeps its look surprisingly well. I drove by a dealer today and looking at the Explorers covered in pollen the lighter colors looked much better. The mineral grey would probably be the easiest to keep up. But, that Dk Cherry sure looks great in the sun...:cool:

I,too,share your pain (or indecision). I was just where you are now a week ago. I knew I wanted the '07 ST, had all the options identified - including the power rear window - but could not make up my mind on the color. The Dk. Stone was my first choice, but they had a Mineral Grey that looked great. But then the dealer told me they just sold a Dk. Cherry that looked soooo great. His words, "That's the best color for the ST." So I looked at an Explorer in Dk.Cherry and decided I agreed with him. The order is in, and I'm trying not to look back. Good luck!

That is a tough one-- I've got mine narrowed to a couple choices, but I think I am leaning towards the blue clearcoat. I am going to talk to the dealer Monday about pricing/ordering. What is the time frame they are giving for delivering the vehicle with the PDBL? I am surprised the option isn't on Ford's website for customization.

They told me the time frame was 6 to 8 weeks. Not too bad, but I want it now...... guess if that happened I'd have to choose my color and choose it fast. I love white and dark cherry colors, my PT is white, so maybe the darker color, some pollen to deal with in early Spring here in Louisiana though.

I am looking at the same timeframe, 6-8 weeks. Of course they always add, "But it could come in sooner!" I wasn't going to order one without the PDBL. Thanks to people on this site, I was able to determine that it could be ordered. The dealer ws clueless. When I printed out the message from this site that provided pricing, they finally found that it could, indeed, be ordered. The final "priceless" comment was, "Oh, is that what PDBL means?" I love dealing with "experts."

Thats funny-- I could see that happening. I like your idea of printing out the messages, I still don't understand why-- if Ford is allowing orders-- they don't just add it to their website. Then we can print out EXACTLY what we want and then go see the dealer.

Will never own black again. Looks great for about 10 minutes and then shows everything immediately.

Have black for two years. Hate it when it's dirty, but love it when it is freshly buffed and sealed. There is nothing quite like a black vehicle when it is perfect.

That being said, my next will be silver or some metallic grey/pewter. The effort needed to keep black perfect would make Gandhi drop the F-bomb. :)

Last edited by a moderator: