Ordered my 2007 last night

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that the ST is delivered to the dealership without the crossbars installed, so I asked my dealer to leave them OFF when my truck arrives. Needless to say, my crossbars will probably be For Sale upon arrival. Since my Trac has the Chrome Package, I wonder if the crossbars will be chrome as well?

I noticed that. I also saw a job 1 with the new door pulls. Go figure... I'm assuming it was a job 1 based on the VIN and the fact that it did not say job 2 on the window sticker and had the older air dam. All the job 2 I've seen say they are a job 2 order on the sticker.

Wow, that Carbon/Alloy looks nice. Now wishing maybe I shouldn't have changed my mind and taken the black one off the lot. Eh still love mine.

Any idea why the crossbars are history? Do they plan on changing the rails to eliminate the attachments? Just curious. I have a Yakima rack, but the factory bars do sit a bit lower which would have been nice.

I think a Westin bull bar will look nice with the alloy. Can't decide for sure if I want the bull bar in black or chrome. Have to put that on my b-day list along with some 17x8 wheels and 265/65-17 Dueler Revos.

Not sure why, they were an option that was maybe a low take? Highly unlikely they'll change the roof rail design because of it though. They're not even an available accessory. :-( I do be they're a service part though.

Rob,

If you do not mind what did you pay for your ST I am thinking about getting the same st as you but in orange if you do not want to say I understand ?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,

I can give you my price but it would not be fair to compare. I was very fortunate to have access to the Ford A Plan. It was very nice to walk in and get a no haggle price. Plus the incentives were all still applicable. Let me know if you are still interested in my price.

Just checked, apparently the cross-bars on the 06 Explorer is an accessory that you can order (see link below, click on "Exterior" on the LHS and then choose "Racks").